Friday, October 7, 2011

A JAW JOB!

Hi, y'all! If I remember correctly, a few days ago I shared a medical update with you. You know...the LUMP! I woke up about 3AM to this stabbing, jabbing pain in my neck. A trip to the bathroom. And voila! I had a lump the size of a baseball on the right side of my neck.


Luckily, Doc Connolly, my ENT jaw doc, saw me a few hours later and diagnosed a "hefty" parotid cyst. He then proceded to drain lotsa unmentionable crap from this ..."baseball on my neck". Great! For about 12 hours!

Then, the whole thing came back with a scream! Even bigger! (Little kids saw me at Acme and ran screaming to their moms!)













Ol' doc Connolly saw me again today, Fri., and took a more radical approach to my "baseball" problem. He inserted, jabbed a scalpel into the affected area. Drained more crap. Then inserted a medical drain into the affected area for the next 3 days. Lordy, hope this works!


At this point you're probably wondering why I'm sharing all this depressing, negative medical stuff with all of you. Easy! Each of you is a cyber-relative or a cyber-friend. As such, we share! Right! Thanks!


No comments: